ব্রিটিশ কাউন্সিলের নতুন নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি
Terms of Reference
This recruitment is subject to donor approval
Strategic Communications Manager
ফেইসবুকে চাকরির সর্বশেষ আপডেট পেতে এখনই Job Circular - নিয়োগ বিজ্ঞপ্তি গ্রুপ ও
‘Platforms for Dialogue: Strengthening Inclusion and Participation in Decision Making and Accountability Mechanisms in Bangladesh’
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
British Council invites applications for the position of Strategic Communications Manager on the Platforms for Dialogue project.
No of position/s- 01 (Dhaka based with frequent field visit)
The Strategic Communications Manager will work alongside P4D’s Communications Lead and Digital Officer to design and deliver high-quality, high-impact communications content and outreach campaigns.
The primary function of this role will be to strategize, plan, coordinate, and execute strategic communications campaigns among stakeholders and media. The Strategic Communications Manager will be responsible for promoting the project using radio broadcasts, television, print media, and grassroots outreach through our partners.
P4D’s campaigns will be increasing in size over the coming 18 months, and the Strategic Communications Manager will be an integral part of planning and executing high impact, high quality content in both English and Bangla for promotion throughout our project areas.
This role will primarily be focused on non-digital content creation including, but not limited to, media outreach (journalists, newspapers, tv), radio interviews, public service announcements (audio and video), government outreach at the national, district and local levels, and CSO success stories.
This role requires a high level of coordination, organisation, and attention to detail. Successful candidates will not only have demonstrated experience in strategic communications and public relations, but they will also have a proven record of successful outreach and awareness campaigns.
The successful applicant will be expected to:
- Skilfully develop and implement communications plans to support key initiatives.
- Liaise with the media, being a primary spokesperson for media inquiries, and promoting P4D beyond immediate stakeholders, through television ads, radio ads or shows, and press coverage.
- Communicate with CSO leaders to coordinate any communications efforts between local partners and ensure branding requirements are met.
- Regularly maintain contact with government officials to promote P4D’s work and increase outreach among government officials across project working areas.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with outreach staff and facilitators at community information hubs located throughout Bangladesh to facilitate the process of promoting P4D’s work and identifying and documenting success stories.
Liaise with government officials to ensure our project deliverables are approved and reflect stakeholder requirements and requests.
- Direct all editorial vendors (copy and photo) and coordinates with project teams to work seamlessly with staff and partners in the field when collecting and verifying copy.
- Track the communications budget for assigned projects and work with the administrative team to ensure compliance.
- Provide P4D events with communications inputs and ensure brand compliance.
- Possess excellent copywriting skills in English and Bangla to draft copy for special projects, success stories, other articles, and other content as needed.
- Contribute to special projects as needed with Digital Officer and Communications Lead.
Skills and experience:
- Excellent command of English and Bengali.
- Proven ability to write and edit stories to a high standard in English and Bengali.
- Experience working with government officials in advocacy or public outreach.
- Experience working with the media to promote or advocate for policies or campaigns.
- Expertise in Communications Strategy related to outreach or advocacy work.
- Exceptional attention to detail, highly organised, capable of managing several projects simultaneously, and good track record of staying on schedule.
- Highly developed knowledge of the latest trends in public relations relevant to the media in Bangladesh.
- Experience working with, coordinating, and managing outside third-party vendors to support work product.
- At least 3 years’ experience working on a development project, at a large NGO, or a recognised media organisation.
- Ability to work independently while staying connected to project team online.
- Professional experience using Office 365 and SharePoint.
- Experience using communications tools including Canva and Adobe Suite desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree in media, journalism, communications or other relevant subject.
- Must have professional knowledge about the use of office 365, Microsoft team, SharePoint and other online services to continue distance working if required.
Duration of the contract:
The duration of the contract will be 18 Months; from January 2021 until 30 June 2022. The contract may be extended subject to the extension of the project.
To Apply, send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org email@example.com copying firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Senior Communications Manager Application: [NAME]”
- Cover Letter
- Application Form
Application submission deadline: 10 December 2020
“The British Council believes that all children have potential and that every child matter- everywhere in the world. The British Council affirms the position that all children have the right to be protected from all forms of abuse as set out in article 19, UNCRC, 1989”
“The British Council is committed to a policy of equal opportunity. Our policy aims to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, ethnicity, religion or marital status. We guarantee an interview to disabled candidates who meet the essential criteria”